Friday 15 March 2013

6-10 Weeks Pregnant

August 2011

Officially the most stressful 4 weeks of my life.
The initial euphoria of finding out I was pregnant and the joy of seeing that 6 week heartbeat on screen decended into a terrifying wait to see what would happen.
Every morning and at regular intervals throughout the day I would prod my boobs to see if they were still sore.
Some days the symptoms were milder, sometime barely there at all, sending me into a paranoid frenzy.
The chemical pregnancy of the year before still weighed heavily on my mind. I had woken up one morning and my symptoms were gone. I knew something was wrong and a pregnancy test that morning proved me right. I knew in the blink of an eye things could change and that lack of control scared me to death.
The Metformin and progesterone pessaries provided me with some reassurance that my body was getting some support to do what it was supposed to be doing!
I was due a scan at my feritility clinic at 10wk5d and as the likelyhood of miscarriage lessoned as time went on, my fear of arriving at the scan to find I had had a missed miscarriage only increased. In my eyes this pregnancy was too good to be true, something was obviously going to go wrong, it was just a matter of when.

No comments:

Post a Comment